Select Page
MENUMENU

HISTORY OF BRIGHTON SECONDARY COLLEGE

Establishment of Brighton High School

May 24, 1949

Establishment of Brighton High School

On Wednesday the 1st June 1949, the Minister for Brighton, the Hon. R. W. Tovell MLA, received a deputation from the Brighton and Sandringham Councils regarding the commencement of a high school on the Department of Education’s site at Marriage Road, Brighton. So began the chain of events that would

First Principal of Brighton High School

December 31, 1954

First Principal of Brighton High School

Mr G.M Stirling

College Opened

May 24, 1955

College Opened

Our school (and the world) has changed a great deal since 1955. In the College classrooms, the old chalkboards have been replaced by interactive whiteboards, data projectors, computers, DVDs and netbooks. Our external playing and sporting areas have been replaced by state of the art facilities including a double basketball court sized gymnasium, a synthetic turf hockey/tennis facility, used by both the college and local community and indoor and outdoor circuit training centres.

Technology Was Introduced

May 27, 1970

Technology Was Introduced

Food Studies Introduced

May 27, 1970

Food Studies Introduced

Library Sketch

November 6, 1975

Library Sketch

Brighton Secondary School Hall

November 6, 1994

Brighton Secondary School Hall

da Vinci Centre

May 24, 2013

da Vinci Centre

The da Vinci Centre at Brighton Secondary College houses Science, Arts and Technology. This component of our Redevelopment project was completed in 2013 with our new $5 million Science facility, and our $1.5 million Arts and Technology facilities. We are proud of these facilities and the students enjoy working and learning in these modern surrounds.

Future of BSC

May 24, 2017

Future of BSC
Yes No