On Monday we held Presentation Night at which we celebrated the achievements of the students across the school in a wide variety of endeavours. We also celebrated the VCE results with our Year 12’s. We are always proud of all our students, as long as they have done their absolute best. While we celebrate the high academic achievement or many of our students, we acknowledge the very hard work of all our students.
VCE results for 2014 are as follows:
• 174 students successfully completed their VCE
• 32% (55) of our students attained a score of 80 or higher (8 of these were Y11 SEAL students), placing them significantly above the average across the state of 20%
• 27 (16%) students attained a score of 90 or better, sixteen of these were part of our SEAL cohort, with four of this group were Y11SEAL students.
• In reality 12 of the 24 students from the SEAL class of 2009, achieved 90 or above. Three left for tertiary at the end of 2013 from their fifth year in secondary school.
• There were 73 study scores of 40 or better, with one of our teachers having 11 students in his class who received study scores of 40+
• 4 of our International student cohort attained scores of 90 or better, with 1 of those attaining 95 or better....which is a stunning achievement given that English is not their first language.
• 8 international students achieved 80+
• 1 student obtained a perfect score.
• Anthony Fong was named Dux of the college with a score of 99.1
• Abigail Morgan, Year 10, 2014, was awarded the prestigious Kwong Lee Dow, Scholars Award
• Most important of all…100% of our students grew as individuals, matured, encountered experiences, acquired new knowledge and skills, and built healthy relationships with each other and their teachers. As far as I am concerned this final point is the most important of all at our school.
Finally, I wish you all the compliments of the season. The students need to have a break from study, but all of them, as I understand it have holiday homework to do. Can parents please assist our children to properly balance out the work and rest.
All the very best for a safe holiday season and we look forward to a wonderful new year.